The purpose of the Excellence Awards is to recognize and reward employees within the Division of Finance and Operations for outstanding service and achievement. Award winners will be announced at a ceremony on May 23, 2017.
- 10 Outstanding Staff Awards: Recognizes employees for commitment to excellence through outstanding customer service, leadership, initiative, and responsible stewardship. Each recipient will receive a memento and a $500 monetary award.
- 2 Outstanding Team Awards: Recognizes a team who collaborated to accomplish a unique task, created a new process, or displayed exceptional teamwork for the betterment of Texas A&M University. Each team member will receive a memento and a $200 monetary award (up to a total of $2,000 per team).
- 1 Respect Award: Recognizes one staff member who welcomes, includes, and demonstrates respect for individuals from all groups, including the various characteristics of persons in our community. Recipient will receive a memento and a $500 monetary award.
- 1 Visionary Award: Recognizes an administrator (Director level and above) for visionary leadership and demonstrated success in advancing the mission of the division. Recipient will receive a memento and a $500 monetary award.
All classified and non-classified employees within the Division of Finance and Operations who meet the following criteria:
- May not have won any of the following awards in the previous year: Division of Finance and Operations Excellence Individual, Team, Visionary, or Respect.
- Must be a full-time employee and budgeted at least 50%.
- For Visionary Award, must have a title of Director (or related title) or above. For all other awards, must have a title below the level of Director (or related title).
- Must have a minimum of one year of service within the nominating department.
- Eligibility for the team awards is based on the same criteria outlined above, except that the majority of the members on a nominated team must have a minimum of one year of service within the nominating department.
Anyone may submit a nomination for the Excellence Awards. Nominations should be made on the prescribed nomination forms (available at http://vpfa.tamu.edu/excellence/ ). Each award nomination packet should be submitted in one .PDF file format to email@example.com by April 4, 2017. Department heads will receive notification when an employee in his or her area has been nominated.
A complete nomination includes the following information:
- Nomination Form. Form should be submitted on prescribed form, as provided.
- Nomination Statement or Nomination Letter. Nomination statement or nomination letter should be a maximum of one page at 11 point font size. It should summarize the contributions of the nominee and impact of the nominee’s contributions to the betterment of Texas A&M University. The nomination statement or nomination letter should include specific examples and descriptions of the nominee’s accomplishments.
- Letters of Support/Recommendation. No more than three (3) one-page letters of support/recommendation may be included in the nomination packet.
AWARD SELECTION PROCESS AND SELECTION ADVISORY COMMITTEE:
An anonymous committee of individuals employed within the division will make the selections.
Using a specific scoring matrix, the committee will review and score the nomination packets. Members of the selection advisory committee shall be ineligible for nomination in any award category during their term of service. Selection advisory committee members should not submit nominations or provide letters of support for nominations while serving on the committee.
To assist in filling out the form and providing the best information for your nominee review the Nomination Tips.