In 2015, the Onboarding Continuous Improvement Team (CIT) was formed. This team was made up of representatives throughout the Division of Finance and Operations and their charge was to study the process of employee onboarding and develop recommendations for improving onboarding at the division level.
Beginning in July 2016, an Onboarding Continuous Improvement Implementation Team (CIIT) was established whose purpose was to implement the recommendations of the Onboarding CIT. This team is working on a variety of initiatives, such as new employee welcome receptions, onboarding tools for supervisors, and departmental open houses, with the hopes of providing a comprehensive approach to integrating new division employees so that they have the tools and information needed to become a productive member of the team.
Continuous Improvement Implementation Team
- Executive Sponsor, Peggy Zapalac, Associate Vice President, University Risk and Compliance
- Leader, Sarah Chrastecky, Manager, Annenberg Presidential Conference Center
- Member, Tim Adams, Coordinator of Police Accreditation, University Police Department
- Member, Troy Adams, Lead Utility Plant Operator, Utilities and Energy Services
- Member, Kevin Bell, Senior Lead Software Applications Developer, IT Services
- Member, Julie Anna Clark, Administrative Coordinator, Student Business Services
- Member, Rachelle Lopez, Assistant Director, Student Business Services
- Member, Monica Martinez, Environmental Safety Assistant Manager, Environmental Health & Safety
- Member, Flora Reeves, Lead Office Associate, Transportation Services
- Member, Ashley Skow, Administrative Coordinator, Facilities and Operations