The purpose of the Excellence Awards is to recognize and reward employees within the Division of Finance and Operations for outstanding service and achievement. Award winners will be announced at a ceremony on May 21, 2019.
- Outstanding Staff Awards: Recognizes employees for commitment to excellence through outstanding customer service, leadership, initiative, and responsible stewardship. Each recipient will receive a memento and a $500 monetary award.
- Outstanding Team Awards: Recognizes a team who collaborated to accomplish a unique task, created a new process, or displayed exceptional teamwork for the betterment of Texas A&M University. Each team member will receive a memento and a $200 monetary award (up to a total of $2,000 per team).
- Innovation Award: Recognizes employees at all levels in the Division for ideas that result in new initiatives or improvements in existing processes within the Division. Recipient will receive a memento and a $500 monetary award.
- New Employee Impact Award: Recognizes employees at all levels in the Division who have been employed by the Division for less than 2 years for commitment to excellence through outstanding customer service, leadership, initiative, and responsible stewardship. Recipient will receive a memento and a $500 monetary award.
- Respect Award: Recognizes one staff member who welcomes, includes, and demonstrates respect for individuals from all groups, including the various characteristics of persons in our community. Recipient will receive a memento and a $500 monetary award.
- Visionary Award: Recognizes an administrator (Director Level and above) for visionary leadership and demonstrated success in advancing the mission of the division. Recipient will receive a memento and a $500 monetary award.
All classified and non-classified employees within the Division of Finance and Operations who meet the following criteria:
- May not have won any of the following awards in the previous year: Division of Finance and Operations Excellence Individual, Team, Visionary, or Respect.
- Must be a full-time employee and budgeted at least 50%.
- For Visionary Award, must have a title of Director (or related title) or above. For all other awards, must have a title below the level of Director (or related title).
- For Outstanding Staff and Team, Respect and Visionary Awards must have a minimum of 2 years of service within the Division.
- Eligibility for the team awards is based on the same criteria outlined above, except that the majority of the members on a nominated team must have a minimum of one year of service within the nominating department.
Anyone may submit a nomination for the Excellence Awards. Nominations should be submitted by 5:00pm on Friday, March 29, 2019. Department heads will receive notification when an employee in his or her area has been nominated.
Contact the Office of the Executive Vice President for Finance and Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (979) 458-4103 if you have any questions.
The nomination period has ended and no more submissions are being accepted.